Friday, April 21, 2017

Brother Updates

It's been awhile since I've shared updates on the boys at their current ages and stages.  I kick myself sometimes because I started this blog to document my babies and lately I feel like I've been sharing everything but.  They are growing so fast and getting so big but one thing never changes, they're still babies in my heart.

Charlie Beau, 4 years old, going on 14.  I get glimpses of both a toddler and a teenager several times a day.  He is obsessed with playing hide and seek and being chased.  I swear he yells "Come find me!" or "Come get me!" a hundred times a day.  His heart of gold shines brighter and brighter with each day.  He loves Brad with all his heart and isn't afraid to show it with big hugs and kisses or a random whisper of "I love you, Brad."  He is still very into all his stuffed animals and figurines which we have dubbed as his "guys".  He literally has a million of them and he tries to sleep with every single one of them at night or bring as many as his little arms can carry when we leave the house.  I can't believe he starts pre-school this fall.  Most moms would say that they think they are more nervous than their kid about starting school but I'm pretty sure Charlie is nervous enough for the both of us so I'm trying to stay strong.  Even though we still have over 4 months before he starts, I already get teary eyed when I think about it.   I can feel his anxiety when we talk about it and it just breaks my heart.  I'm confident though that once he starts and gets used to it he will absolutely love it!  He is my little lover, he can bring me to my breaking point and put a huge smile on my face all in the same minute!

Brad Coen, 1 year and just a few months shy of 2, is at the best stage ever.  The word burst stage!  This kid is talking up a storm, repeating everything and making up his own phrases that just crack us up!  He is Charlie's little shadow and his daily struggle is not being big enough to do some of the things Charlie can.  He just loves Charlie or as he calls him "Cha-dee!" so much!  He loves any animal that can fly or swim because they're "fee-eye-yin!" or "sf-immin!"  His favorite things (in no particular order) are bath time, eating off Charlie's plate, pushing on your nose and saying BOOP!, and holding hands.  He is the stealer & hider of phones, remotes and snacks.  The first one to yell "Hi!" and lights up the room with his smile!  He's another little lover and I could just eat him up!

Both boys have THE best belly laughs, love to wrestle with daddy and snuggle up every night before bed.  They are going to be the best big brothers! We love them to infinity and beyond!